Housing Development Bond
TWO THINGS ARE DEFINITE IN LIFE.
DEATH AND TAXES.
WE CAN SAVE YOU FROM ONE.
The HDB is an account that allows a fixed amount of money to be saved for a period of time. The account holder declares the amount to be saved as a lump sum which is then fixed for an agreed period. It is designed for the individual saver who will not need to access the funds for the duration of the savings plan.
- Withholding tax of only 10% compared to the 15% rate normally charged
- Minimum deposit amount of Kshs. 50,000
- Access to direct loans of up to 90% the value of the deposit held at attractive interest rates
- Higher negotiated interest rates depending on the amount deposited
- Special considerations when applying for a mortgage
- Flexible investment periods for as short as 1 month to suit your investment plan
- A customer cam migrate to a hybrid fixed term deposit where interest can be paid monthly, quarterly, half-yearly etc in to a separate savings account depending on the needs of the customer.
To open the account you will require the following:
- A copy of your National ID / Passport
- One recent passport size photographs
- A deposit equal to or exceeding the minimum amount required
- A letter of introduction from an existing account holder or a reference letter from your employer or banker
- Confirmation of the physical address through a utility bill, a bank statement or by the account introducer.
Click here to apply
Click here to also access and download full information on all our Savings, Transactional and Deposit accounts