Commercial Vehicle Insurance


Do you value your investment in your vehicle? Accidents do happen and have your vehicle damaged or you may end up losing this investment by way of theft. If you value this investment so why not protect it.


We have great options for your motor commercial vehicles.

Own Goods vehicles insurance – This is for the individuals, business firms who use commercial vehicle to transport their own goods which form part of the business.

General Cartage vehicles insurance – This is for the individuals, business firms who use commercial vehicle for hire and reward.

Our comprehensive commercial insurance covers any type of motor  vehicle against accidental damage or overturning, Loss or damage by fire and theft, malicious damage, perils of nature e.g  floods, earthquake, storms, hurricanes and third party liabilities - which provides indemnity to the insured for death or bodily injuries to third-parties and/or passengers; and damage to property belonging to third-parties.

The following are also covered at an additional premium;

  1.  Accessories –These include windscreen and Radio cassettes. We will indemnify you against theft of accessories where declared
  2.  On request we will provide an Excess protector cover– This means no excess payable in the event of a claim for all material damage claims
  3. We will provide you on request a Political violence, terrorism & sabotage

   Benefits to the Insured

  • We will have your car Repaired/or pay cash in case of loss or damage to the vehicle
  •  We shall follow through the Settlement of claims arising from third party Bodily injury and third party property damage
  • We shall take care of any expenses incurred in processing claims, including having an advocate appointed represent you in court for third party claims



  • We shall require a duly completed and signed proposal form from you
  •  We shall require a copy of PIN from you or Certificate of Registration for companies
  • PIN certificate for the company
  • Copy of Log Book
  •  Applicable Premium



Do you any hidden costs in your prices?

No, the car insurance quotes you receive from us are the lowest rates negotiated from our panel of insurance companies in Kenya. These are competitive insurance rates and you may not get them elsewhere in Kenya.

Can I pay the premiums in instalments?

If it's not possible to pay the full premiums in full, you may pay 50% of the premiums, the provider will issue a 1 month policy which is then extended when you complete the payment. In addition we can arrange an insurance premium financing through our Bank HFC, on this scheme, you pay a small cost to get financing from HFC.

Do I need the valuation of my vehicle?

Yes, valuation of the vehicle is required to complete the commercial insurance policy. On your quote for the insurance, we will use the closest known market value of the vehicle and once the cover is placed, we will issue a valuation letter/slip which you can use to request a FREE valuation at the appointed valuation outlet. However you will be required to present a copy of logbook for your vehicle.

What's covered on this policy?

This policy will cover fire, theft, accidental damage to the vehicle and third party liabilities. We advise that you include other additional benefits such as excess protector and political violence cover to your policy to make it fully comprehensive.

What if I have more than one vehicle?

Congratulations, you might be able to qualify for a discount on your car insurance by taking out a fleet car policy. Most insurers give discounts to owners of fleets (more than 2 vehicles).

Will you handle my claims? How long does it take?

Yes, our claims team will assist you in the unfortunate event that you have a claim. For small claims, you can expect to have it processed in less than 5 working days if it's been fully documented. Rest assured, our team will make sure you are back on the road as quickly as possible.

What documents do I need?

After reviewing and agreeing to quote for motor insurance, we will need a copy of your National ID/Passport, driving license and logbook of the vehicle in order to place your car insurance. We are required to comply with the Anti-Money Laundering Laws and Regulations to provide basic minimum know Your Customer (KYC) Documents.